News and Events
Recent announcements from the Office of Federal Relations, along with University headlines and GU in the news.
- College Democrats Alum of the Year: Representative Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY), April 21 at 8PM
- Managing and Reducing 21st Century Nuclear Security Threats, March 13, 2015 at 6PM
- Senator Lisa Murkowski, April 7, 2014 at 7:30PM
- Representative Chris Van Hollen, March 24, 2014 at 8:15PM
- Representative Mick Mulvaney, March 24, 2014 at 4PM
- Senator Heidi Heitkamp, Feb 4, 2014 at 7PM
- Representative John Lewis, Feb 3, 2014 at 7:30PM
- Representative Kevin McCarthy, Nov 13, 2013 at 8:30PM
- Senator Dick Durbin Event, Oct 29, 2013 at 7PM
- A Conversation with Senator Chris Murphy, Oct 21, 2013 at 7PM
- Senator Jon Tester Event Sept 30, 2013 at 7PM
- A Coversation on a Life in Public Service with the Honorable Senator Tim Kaine – Sept 12 at 7:15PM
- Remarks by and a Conversation with Under Secretary for Education the Honorable Martha Kanter – Sept 27 at 5:15 PM
- Presidential Campaigns Surrogate Debate – Sept 20, 2012
- Federal Lobbying Laws/IRS Regulations Governing Political Activity
- GU Celebrates Hanukkah: Menorah Lighting, Music
The Jewish Chaplaincy, part of Georgetown’s Office of Campus Ministry, and the Jewish Student Association (JSA) lit three Hanukkah menorahs at Georgetown Dec. 1 to give thanks for miracles, religious freedom and each other on the first night of Hanukkah.
- New Georgetown University Website to Launch
The university’s new website – georgetown.edu – that will launch tonight includes a redesigned homepage and “top tier” pages that are highly trafficked and provide a broad range of information about the entire university. The site is redesigned for the first time since 2002.
- Drug Adherence Crucial for HIV Patients
HIV today is no longer a death sentence – it can be managed well through a combination of powerful medications. But health outcomes depend on patients’ adherence to their drug regimes, says James Habyarimana, assistant professor of public policy.
- Preview of Georgetown’s New Website Now Online
A preview of Georgetown University’s new website is now available for viewing at beta.georgetown.edu.
- AIDS Orphans in Africa Immersed in Art Program
Two Georgetown leaders are teaching an Art Immersion program for two weeks every year to AIDS-orphaned high school students in Kibera — one of Africa’s largest slums.
GU In the News
- Legalization vs. citizenship the main hurdle in immigration reform, expert says (April 09, 2013)
- Job-seeking teens might get a break this summer (April 03, 2013)
- New Data Steer Immigration Debate and Policy (April 02, 2013)
- Black Smoke: New Pope Yet to Be Chosen (March 13, 2013)
- Paul Ryan budget: Repeal Obamacare, slash spending (March 12, 2013)