Education Association Affiliations
To strengthen our service to the University community, the Office of Federal Relations forges cooperative relationships with national education associations to amplify our efforts on behalf of policies, particularly in the field of higher education. Key organizations with which Georgetown is affiliated include:
- American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC) advances the priorities of medical schools, teaching hospitals and academic and scientific societies in developing the national agenda for medical education, biomedical research and health care.
- American Council on Education (ACE) facilitates discussion and advocacy on issues important to institutions of higher education.
- Association of Jesuit Colleges & Universities (AJCU) is a voluntary service organization whose mission is to serve its members consisting of 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the U.S.
- Committee for Education Funding (CEF) is a non-partisan, nonprofit coalition of over 90 education organizations.
- Consortium on Financing Higher Education (COFHE) is an organization of thirty-one private colleges and universities that cooperate on studies and projects through representative membership, working committees and board of directors.
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators sets and upholds standards of good practice and provides professional education and training that strengthen institutional programs and services related to international educational exchange.
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) represents private colleges and universities on policy issues with the federal government.
- The Coalition for International Education (CIE) is an ad hoc group of 28 national higher education organizations with policy and advocacy interests in the U.S. Department of Education’s international education programs.